Transport in Prague
Car and parking in Prague
Traffic capacity in Prague in rush hours ( between 7 am to 11 am and in the afternoon between 4 pm to 7 pm) is usually bad. At those times it is faster to take the tram or underground subway.
Parking is permited only in some areas of Prague. In Prague 1, 2, 3 and 7 is parking restricted and areas are divided into three zones of paid parking:
- Orage zone – maximum time of parking is 2 hours. The fee is about 40 CZK per hour. Parking is free from 6 pm to 8 am.
- Green zone – maximum time of parking is 6 hours. The fee is about 30 CZK per hour. Parking is free from 6 pm to 8 am.
There are parking clocks in both for you to use for payments. You can pay with coins 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or 50 CZK. Put the ticket that confirms your payment behind the windsreen of your car.
- Blue zone – long-term parking zone that is intended only for locals or for companies with their residence in this area. Only vehicles with a parking card can be parked here.
Badly parked cars can be given a tow-away or can be blocked with a wheel clamp. In that case you have to call the city Prague police at the number 156.
If you decide to use taxi there are several possibilities in Prague, for example The Cheapest Taxi (Nejlevnější taxi).
You can order this service by phone at the number 226 000 226 or you can use the app – here:
Luxury taxi vehicles offers the company Tick Tack.
Taxi can be ordered at the number 14 222 or also via the app-here:
Within our benefits you can profit from the reduced price for the journey to/ from the airport. It must be booked at reception.
Fixed price 500 CZK
Day-lines of trams and buses go from 4:30 am to 1 pm. The rest of the day is covered by night tram and bus lines. Underground starts at 5 am and the last train leaves from the end-stations at midnight.
- Basic fare costs 32 CZK and is valid 90 minutes from marking the ticket. This tarif is valid for every day and night line. Tickets can be bought in newsstands or in automats on bus stops. Tickets have to be marked in yellow machines in trams, buses and at the entrances to underground.
- Short-time fare costs 24 CZK and is valid for 30 minutes.
- Next possibility is the sms ticket which you buy by sending text message in the form ,,DPTpriceofchosenticket” fo rexample DPT32 (90 minutes for 32 CZK), DPT24 (30 minutes for 24 CZK) at the number 902 06. You are obliged to use Czech number.
- For reduced fare use Lítačka
During the transport a ticket inspektor can request to show your ticket or SMS ticket to control you. These controls are pretty frequent. Fine for journey wihtout valid tickect is 1.500 CZK. If you pay at place, it is 800 CZK.